Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welcome to Paris

So my sister, who loves all things having to do with France, celebrated another birthday.  Here is the card I made her:


I let the Prima paper take the center stage for this one and only added a stamped sentiment to the die cut tag. I also added a row of machine stitching above and below the Eiffel Towers.  To top off the tag, I added red seam binding, a Prima flower and a fabric brad. (Got to use up my stash!) Finally, I used my Wink of Stella pen to add a little bit of shimmer to the iconic image on the tag.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink;
Patterned Paper: Prima (Welcome to Paris);
Stamp: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Wink of Stella Pen
Tools: Papertrey Ink die (Tag Sale #1)
Embellishments: Ribbon (Technique Tuesday); Flower (Prima); Brad from my stash; machine stitching

10 comments:

caroline hancock said...

What a pretty card, thanks for sharing.

Studio RoseRose said...

Beautiful card!

craftykellyj said...

Such a peetty card!

Tegan said...

Super cute card!

Unknown said...

Love the card, the colors are so nice!

Dictionary said...

I am sure she will love it.

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so chic and fabulous!! And it's perfect for your sister.

Mary Jo said...

Such a pretty and thoughtful card!

Susanne said...

I am one of those that loves all things Paris as well, even though I've not been YET! I have this paper pad, I'm going to have to break into it and make some cards too. Thanks for providing such eye-catching inspiration.

Leslie Miller said...

Ooh la la! Bet your sister loved this! Very classy. The red really pops. Love the shimmer you added to the image.