Friday, January 24, 2014

A New Cousin to Love

I am back with another layout to share. This one uses a couple of Studio Calico kits that I had gotten on sale. I loved creating with these kits. Keeping my choices limited and adding only a few elements from my stash made the process so much easier. It really made me think about joining a kit club. However, I can't even begin to justify that until I use up some of my stash. For now, I will just have to keep my eyes peeled for a sale. I think the next one should be before Mother's Day! Anyway, here's my layout:


I love this picture of Melissa with her new baby cousin, Nick. She has really grown up and is quite comfortable holding her baby cousin and playing with the older ones. I realized that I snapped this picture before adding the journaling to the label above the picture. Oops!

Below is a detail picture of all the tags and layers. I really loved the exclusive papers that were in these kits so I cut them in strips so as to feature them all!

Since this picture was taken last Spring, we have added another baby boy to our family tree! Be on the lookout for a layout featuring Melissa's newest cousin to love -- Baby Luke!

Supplies:
Pattern Papers and Embellishments: Studio Calico kits (Daydream Believer, Handmade);
Additional Embellishments: American Crafts Thickers: Dear Lizzy and Crate paper Tags; October Afternoon  and My Mind's Eye label stickers; Jillibean Soup word sticker; Chic tags mini tags; Studio Calico wood veneer; My Mind's Eye enamel dots;
Tools: Fiskars border punch (Scallop Sentiment).

8 comments:

Clare said...

So pretty! I just love all the layering - I'm gonna have to keep this layout in mind when I finally get to scrapping my Christmas photos!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout! The strips of paper look great together. I love using kits to put together pages as well--the limited supplies definitely speeds up the process!

Angela said...

Pretty! Great layers and I love the way you used the design in the bottom right corner.

Tracie Marie said...

Fun layout!!! love all the layers.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so pretty, Linda! I love the layering and the little cluster in the corner!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, this is certainly sweet, Linda! All the kit elements work together so beautifully and I can see why you're tempted to join a kit club again. I've been tempted many times, myself. Love the idea of that monthly surprise coming to me but, like you, I need to use what I have.

hanes132 said...

Ooohhh, I'll be looking! ;)

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful picture!! So precious, too. Love the layout and the wonderful combination of patterns. Great page, Linda.